19 Oct 2016
Having healthy lunch at work is pretty much important for the workers. It always considered a huge issue for all those who like to have homemade food at lunchtime. There’re many reasons why they prefer to have a homemade meal. Sometimes, they don’t find healthy meals in the nearby cafeteria.Many times, they have to take the meal in a hurry. However, can’t leave the seat to eat properly. But having healthy and nutritious lunch is as much important as breakfast. Therefore, they should look for some healthy lunch ideas for work.
Prefer quick, easy and healthy recipes
Working people should always prefer quick, easy and healthy recipes for lunch. It will not only save your time but cost as well. Try to follow those recipes that are not only delicious but nutritious as well. There are many videos or content available regarding healthy recipes. But I chose recipes with few ingredients and less time consuming. Today, I’m sharing you 5 quick, easy and healthy recipes. Let’s review these healthy lunch ideas for work step by step.
Quick and Easy Recipes: Healthy lunch ideas for work
Delicious Pasta with Tuna Recipe
Tuna: 1 Can
Oil: 4 Tbsp
Tomato paste: 1 cup
Garlic sliced: 4 cloves
Green chili: 2 finely sliced
Basil: 1 Tbsp
Black pepper: 1 Tbsp
Salt: 1 Tbsp
Sun-Dried Tomato: 2 Tbsp
Method of Pasta with Tuna
- First of all, turn on the flame, add oil to the pan.
- Add sliced green chili to warm oil.
- After frying for 1 min, now add finely sliced garlic.
- When the garlic turned a bit golden in color, then add sun-dried tomato.
- After frying of 1-2 mins, add tomato paste.
- Mix it well, then add basil, black pepper, and salt.
- Cook it well for good 5 mins.
Now add 1 Can of Tuna and mix well.
- Boiled the pasta until it gets tender. Then add it to the pan and mix well with Tuna.
- Cover it for good 5-6 mins, so all the spices penetrate adequately to the dish.
The meal is ready. Now you can carry it with you as lunch to work.
Quick recipe for Chicken Egg Rolls
No. 2 dish in the list of Healthy lunch ideas for work is Chicken Egg Rolls.
Roasted Red bell pepper: 1
Chicken boneless: 1 Cup
Milk: 3/4 glass
Oil: 3 Tbsp
Mayonnaise: According to requirement
Salt: To taste
Black pepper: 1/2 tsp
Method for Chicken Egg Rolls
- First of all, beat the eggs in a bowl with hand egg beater.
- Now add milk slowly while keeping on beating.
- Add all the diced vegetables and salt. Mix them well.
- Turn on the flame and add oil.
- Now pour in it the egg mixture.
- Cooked from one side and dish out in a plate.
- Now again, pour oil in a pan.
- Add thick slices of chicken. Also, sprinkle salt and black pepper.
- After sauteing the chicken, add sliced red bell pepper. Cook for good 5-6 mins.
- Now spread on one corner of the egg omelet.
- Roll all the omelets like I did in the picture.
- This step is optional. If you want, can spread mayonnaise over the rolls. And, then bake them for 1-2 mins.
And, here you go. Chicken egg rolls are ready for lunch.
Quick recipe for Veggie Tortilla Roll-Ups
For Sauce: Hummus
Chickpeas: 1 cup
Olive oil: 4-5 Tbsp
Sesame seeds: 1 Tbsp
Garlic cloves: 2-3
Salt: To taste
Cabbage: few leaves
Red Onion: 1
Method for Veggie Tortilla Roll-Ups
If you don’t have time to make this sauce at home, can buy Hummus from Market.
- First of all, soak the chickpeas overnight. Boil in the morning and then drain them. You can also use canned chickpeas. Pour the drained chickpeas in the blender and add oil.
- Now add salt.
- Add sesame seeds and sliced garlic cloves.
- Blend them adequately.
- Now spread the sauce on each tortilla.
- Spread all the vegetables after cutting into dice shape.
- Roll them properly.
- Cut them into 3 or 4 pieces; it’s up to you.
- Your lunch is ready.
Simple Veggie Egg Rolls
No. 4 recipe in the list of Healthy lunch ideas for work is Veggie Egg Rolls.
Milk: 2 Tbsp
Oil: 2-3 Tbsp
Method for Simple Veggie Egg Rolls
- First of all, break the eggs and slip into a pan. Pour milk into it.
- Now add all the finely chopped vegetables, salt, and black pepper. Beat them well until you get a smooth mixture.
- Heat oil in a pan and pour egg mixture evenly.
- Cook until all vegetables get tender. Now roll it like I shown in the picture.
- After rolling completely, slice it thickly.
- Lunch for work is ready.
Quick and Easy Recipe for White beans Salad
The Last recipe in the top 5 Healthy lunch ideas for work is White Beans Salad.
Canned Tuna: 1
Boiled Eggs: 3-4
Canned beans: 2
Olive Oil: 2-3 Tbsp
Vinegar: 1 Tbsp
Cherry tomato: 12-13
Red bell pepper: 1
- Combine all the vegetables in a big bowl.
- Also, add Tuna and Eggs.
- Sprinkle salt and black pepper.
- Pour Olive oil.
- At the end, pour vinegar.
Mix them well. The salad is ready for lunch.