24 Oct 2015
Using Apple Cider Vinegar as a routine part of natural care for your hair can regain its natural glow and leave the hair follicle full of life. Many hair conditioners are available in the market containing harmful chemicals, can damage not only hair but also hair scalp. In my today’s content I’m going to share a recipe of homemade hair conditioner using Apple Cider Vinegar, peppermint and Rosemary with effective results. You can also follow it by homemade shampoo.
Here’s how it works; the acidity of the vinegar removes build up debris and all the chemicals left by commercial conditioners in hair or on scalp. Vinegar closes the hair cuticle that gets opened when applying shampoo and when the cuticles get properly closed and your hairs get an amazing glow and make shining your hair easily.
Apple Cider Vinegar also works to improve the blood circulation in the small capillaries of the head, this helps bring the blood supply, with all the nutrients and oxygen to the scalp.
Rosemary is an excellent hair cleaner and stimulates hair growth. Also, peppermint helps to increase the volume of hair so supports thinning hair.
Let’s follow the recipe to prepare homemade hair conditioner.
– 1 cup Apple cider vinegar
– 3 cups water
– A handful of fresh rosemary (you can use fresh or dry whatever you have)
-15 drops of essential oil of rosemary
-15 drops of peppermint essential oil
- Chop the fresh rosemary.
- Bring water to boil and add the rosemary.
- Reduce heat to low and let stand rosemary for 45 minutes. Keep the pot covered during this procedure.
- Strain infusion through a fine strainer.
- Let the mixture to cool.
- Now add the vinegar and essential oils to the infusion.
- Stir well to combine all.
- Fill in spray bottles.
- Homemade hair conditioner is ready to use.
How to use this homemade hair conditioner?
After washing and rinsing the hair, spray your hair using this homemade hair conditioner and massage the scalp.
To maximize the benefits of the conditioner, leave it in the hair and do towel to dry hair.
Don’t be worried, the smell of vinegar will dispel after the hairs get dried.
– You can follow this hair care routine – i.e. shampoo and using homemade hair conditioner – once every 2 or 3 days. Do not wash your hair every day. This routine can help you restore your hair’s natural vitality.
– This homemade hair conditioner with vinegar is not recommended for color-treated or processed hair.
– The rosemary and mint are great for darker hair.
What changes you can make to this homemade hair conditioner?
For light color hair:
Water can be infused with chamomile plus lemon and grapefruit essential oils to highlight the lighter parts in the hair.
An infusion of nettle leaves and lavender essential oil is used to treat scalp problems.