12 Jul 2016
Brinjal is known by many different names all around the world. Eggplant, Aubergine, Baingun, Solanum melongena & Brinjal are its most famous names in Australia, North America, Britain, Asia & Africa. Its a much tasty vegetable that is cooked by many methods in different countries of the world. Its much healthy vegetable by health point of view. Today, I’m also share one of healthy eggplant recipes known as “Brinjal Masala”.
Eggplant Properties & Benefits
Here’re important properties & benefits of Eggplant.
- It is an excellent diuretic, antioxidant and provides important nutrients and minerals to the body.
- It has very few calories (17 calories per 100 grams). However, it’s ideal vegetable to include in any diet to lose or control over weight.
- It has high amount of potassium and sodium. These contents are important for the nervous and cardiovascular system.
- Because of high water content, it’s very good diuretic veg that helps reducing weight.
- It contains low carbohydrate content and high fiber. However it’s good veg for people wit Diabetes.
- It is rich in magnesium and iron. So, it is perfect to prevent anemia. It increases and improves heart and muscle functions.
You may also like: How to use eggplant water for reducing weight
Brinjal Masala: One of the healthy eggplant recipes
Here’s delicious & tasty recipe of Brinjal Masala.
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 30 -40 mins
Ingredients for Brinjal Masala
Brinjals: 4 (Medium Size)
Chicken mince: 1/2 Kg
Tomato: 1 big size (chopped)
Onion: 1 (chopped)
Green chili: 3 (chopped, for garnish)
Ginger garlic paste: 1tbsp
Green coriander: (chopped, for garnish)
Salt, Red chili powder, Crushed cumin, Dry coriander powder, garam masala,turmeric powder
Recipe of Brinjal Masala
Here’s the method of Brinjal Masala, one of the delicious aubergine recipes.
First of all burn the skin of brinjal keeping on fire for sometimes. Now chopped the tomato, onion & chili. Wash properly the chicken mince before cooking.
Now break the eggs in a bowl, add 1/4 tsp of chili powder & salt. Mix it well.
Now add 2 tbsp oil in a pan. Add 1tbsp of ginger garlic paste. Cook for 3-4 mins. Now add chicken mince. Cook it.
Meanwhile mash the brinjals, add a pinch salt, chili powder & chat masala. Mix it well.
Add 1 tsp of chili powder, turmeric powder, salt & crushed cumin to chicken. Cook it well till tender. Then add eggs after beating well. Cook it well.
Now add mashed brinjals. Cook for 5 mins. Add 1 tsp coriander powder. Mix well and cover for 5 mins. Now add 1/2 tsp garam masala powder. Mix well & cover for 5 mins.
Now add chopped tomatoes, onions & cover for 5-10 mins. Garnish with green chili & green coriander. Ready to serve.
Here’s the video of this recipe:
It was one of the healthy eggplant recipes. Try it and share your feedback with us.