29 Nov 2015
Soups’ recipes are a very quick and every one’s favorite too. These are delicious and can be tried in every season. Today, I’m going to share recipe of mouth-watering Vegetable Cream Soup step by step; and the name of the soup is broccoli cream soup. To indulge in a rich soup at any time, it is best to make a “soup of the day” with those ingredients that are fresher and more accessible at the time. For example, spinach, squash, broccoli, asparagus etc. Everything can be taken as the main ingredient, can be boiled, or steamed. If you have a little bit of everything, you can make a delicious Vegetable Cream Soup.
Speaking of flavors, avoid the temptation to gather many good things to come out a rich soup; if you add too many items, the taste of the soup will be spoiled. In soup, less items work for more. You can add for example, chicken, bread cubes or filleted mushrooms, but not all.
The base should always be a good vegetable broth and sautéed onions. It should be noted that the white onion is soft. The purple and green onions are with stronger taste, the ideal is to mix white with one of these varieties. Garlic can give a touch of intensity if liked by the people. For creamy touch, add cream, or a little butter at the last minute, will give amazing taste.
When it comes to soups, they must have a bit thick appearance, such as leeks or cauliflower soups, you can add some cooked potatoes, which is a source of maximum starch and provide consistency. Another option is cornstarch.
When the main vegetables and onions are cooked, grinded, or everything is in form of paste, with the addition of more or less hot vegetable broth, as requested by the texture, need to check the taste if some spices are required.
Broccoli with chicken (Vegetable Cream Soup)
100 ml of cream
Preparation of Vegetable Cream Soup:
1. Separate the broccoli into florets. Cut the carrot. Cut the white part of leeks, peel 2 potatoes.
2. Keep the vegetables in boiling water for 15-20 minutes.
3. Remove vegetables when ready. Save the broth in a saucepan.
4. Mash the vegetables in a blender. Dilute the mixture by adding a little of the broth and add the cream, season with salt plus black pepper.
5. Replace fire, cook until the first signs of boiling. Your Vegetable Cream Soup is ready.
6. Serve as a hot, garnishing with little cream and fresh coriander.